|🛠||This subject is work in progress.
Please bear with us while improvements are being made and assume good faith until the edits are complete.
For information on how to help, see the guidelines. More subjects categorized here.
IA (イア) is a Japanese CeVIO Creative Studio voicebank by 1st PLACE Co., Ltd.. She is capable of both speaking and singing. In July 2020, another voicebank was confirmed to be in the works for CeVIO's new engine.
Her voice provider is Lia.
Concept[edit | edit source]
IA is the first vocal in the "- ARIA ON THE PLANETES -" project.
The design philosophy 1st PLACE worked toward was to make the voice simple and straightforward but easy to adjust and customize, letting creators create their own version of IA.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
"IA" is taken from her voice provider's name, "Lia".
There are at least two ways to read her projects name of "- ARIA ON THE PLANETES -":
- The words "Aria" and "Planetes" are Latin and Greek for "open space" and "planet" respectively, giving the translation of "Open Space on the Planet".
- "Aria", is also the Italian word for "air" and is used as a term in opera for expressive pieces, usually sung by a single singer. This also fits in with her more opera-esque vocal results compared to other released Japanese VOCALOIDs.
When she was first released, overseas fans often mistook "Aria" as the name of the VOCALOID.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Her design was illustrated by Aka Akasaka (D. Z.), while the design direction was by Maxilla Inc. It was decided that they would go for soft colours instead of vivid ones. At the time, there was skepticism towards avoiding vivid colours as there was a fear of her not selling because of the softer tones. Lia herself wanted her to be cute and pretty and was satisfied the first time she was shown the artwork.
Despite the myth of IA's age being 15, she has had no age assigned to her. This myth seems to originate from a section underneath the paragraph on IA about her provider Lia, wherein one of the first things mentioned was that Lia debuted in America at 15 years old.
In IA 6th and ONE 3rd anniversary special talk live it was revealed that IA is 155 cm tall.
Relations[edit | edit source]
- IA - the VOCALOID3 vocal by 1st PLACE along with IA ROCKS.
- ONE - is a vocal created for CeVIO able to speak as well as sing. She is the second vocal in the "- ARIA ON THE PLANETES -" project.
History[edit | edit source]
Marketing[edit | edit source]
Much like her VOCALOID counterpart, IA's CeVIO release has been promoted through live events, the official YouTube Channel of the company, sponsored albums, and merchandise along her fellow vocal, ONE.
Voicebanks[edit | edit source]
- The IA vocal was originally intended to give a vocal based on the clear and crisp vocal of Lia. It is operatic in nature and noted for its large voice range and tempo range, both being the largest at its time of release. This allowed the voicebank to cover a wide range of roles and music genres.
- IA (VOCALOID3), January 27, 2012
- IA NEO (VOCALOID NEO), December 7, 2013
- IA (Mobile VOCALOID Editor)
- IA (VOCALOID Keyboard)
- "IA-ARIA ON THE PLANETES - α Type C" (VOCALOID3), limited trial
- IA ROCKS (VOCALOID3, VOCALOID NEO), June 27, 2014
- IA ROCKS (Mobile VOCALOID Editor)
- IA TALK (CeVIO Creative Studio), March ,2017
- IA ENGLISH C (CeVIO Creative Studio), June 29, 2018
- IA >TBA (CeVIO AI), Date
Media featuring IA[edit | edit source]
GHOST (music, lyrics)
|Translation||I thought I was an angel|
Applemint (cover, English lyrics)
Reputation[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]